Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Why are we here?

One of the questions that we get asked often is why we have continued trying to adopt after the disappointments that we have experienced. I will admit that there have been times that I have had the same thought, but the answer is always the same... somewhere out there we have a child and we have no choice but to do everything within our power to find her and bring her home. I believe with every inch of my heart and soul, no question, beyond any doubt, with 100% conviction that we have been led on this journey, not by our own desires, but by God's own hand. Why has he chosen us and why this child? I do not know, but as I follow the journeys of those that have travelled this road before us, I am humbled and amazed that I could be chosen to be part of something so incredibly amazing. When I think back over my life and the many blessings that I have been given, I can't help but think that I have been given much more than I deserve. It will be such an incredible honor and privilege to be entrusted to love and care for another child, I only hope that I will be worthy of this trust and responsibility! If parenting Rylee is half as rewarding as parenting Hanna, than I truly am blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment!