Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The strangest thing just happened...

The girls have been in bed for almost two hours - long asleep and we hear the baby gate (keeps the dogs from going upstairs and eating the girls toys). Rylee appears - pj's nowhere in sight - and pull up down around her knees. She is doing this squatty sort of waddle walk and making some strange noises. I ask her what she is doing and she just kind of blankly looks at me and I thought maybe she was crying. Suddenly it hits me that she is squatting and maybe she has to go potty (I know kinda slow - but it is the end of the day, and there is a bathroom right off their bedroom upstairs) so I quick grab her and sit her on the potty. She goes and I ask her if she is okay. She just stares off but mumbles, so I asked her to look at me. She does look at me, so I asked her if she could tell Mommy that she is okay? She nodded but didn't say anything. I gave her some toilet paper and told her to wipe. She took it and wiped her nose. I gave her more and told her to try again and wipe the potty. She took the toilet paper and wiped her arm pit. I started laughing and she just looked at me. I couldn't help it and laughed again because she is still rubbing her arm pit with the toilet paper. I took her off and stood her up and she sort of swayed in place. I picked her up and carried her upstairs and put her back to bed. I covered her with her blankets and tucked her back in. She was sound asleep with a big peaceful smile on her face. I can easily sum this up with Rylee's own words "Dis is weir!" (weird)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment!