Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Laughter Lives! Tuesday

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.



Last night as I was tucking the girls into bed Rylee, very seriously, said "Mama, I have a question."

I leaned over her and smoothed her hair back from her face and said "Okay, what is your question?"

"It's a portant question Mama, bery, BERY portant!" she states earnestly as she stares up at me. I wait for her to ask me her question, but she just stares back at me.

"What is it Rylee, what is your question?" I prod her gently, wondering what is going on in that little head of hers tonight.

"Wait a minute - wait Mama!" she says as she taps her forehead with her finger. "Just wait, I have to get my brains out first!"

I choked back the laughter and said "Your brains? Where are you getting them out from?"

She looked at me like I am a complete moron "Well they are BACK HERE (slapping the back of her head), you don't know that Mama? They are back here, and I have to get them and bring them up here (touching her forehead). Then I can ask you my bery portant question!"

"Okay, my brains are ready now... Mama... can you itchy my back?"

I stare at her for a moment "That is your very important question Rylee?"

She answers "Yes Mama - that is my portant question!"

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious!!! Your girls are just gorgeous. I also love your fur babies - we've owned doxies since I was four. My parents have our 16 year-old doxie now. Those dogs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is precious! And "portant" questions like that are the best kind!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my 10 year old and I will be reading your blog together more often . . . we are cracking up at your hysterical little Rylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...that is too cute! Both of your daughters are pretty. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment!