Thursday, May 14, 2009

Biggest Loser & Chrysler


Yes, they both belong in the same blog title today! First the show - WOW did they all look amazing or what? It's crazy how attached you can become to these contestants while you are watching them work their hearts out to get slim and fit and they looked totally awesome!

I really was rooting for Tara, because she worked so hard the entire time, but then again Mike looked incredible. I was not really rooting for Helen, but man she lost so much weight and worked so hard too!

In the end I was glad that Helen won because her husband works at the Detroit Chrysler plant that will be closing within the next year. The outlook for all of these displaced auto workers does not look very promising.

This is near and dear to my heart right now since my husband just lost his job at a Chrysler dealership.

The sad thing is there are so many facing this same thing right now and we can not all just bounce back from this latest blow...

On the positive side - I hope you are all having a better week than we are :)

6 comments:

  1. Loved the finale of The Biggest Loser too! I was rooting for Tara as well but hadn't known that Helen's husband was losing his job so I guess it just goes to show that everything happens for a reason. I was so happy that Jerry won for the at home players. What a fantastic inspiration! It was amazing to see him lose more weight than people half his age...good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, not good. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband losing his job. That's really rough. I hope things look up soon and he finds something even better.

    Your final sentence speaks volumes about you - trying to give something and be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn, I am so sorry about your husbands job. bummer. I will be praying for you and "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." --Rom. 8:28 (which we know you do :) big hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto everything Ellie said! I would also add Jer. 29:11 - "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" - It drives me CRAZY that the next verse is not, "And here are the details..." even though I know things are better left in God's hands, not mine! Hugs and prayers from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I knew I missed a show I was wanting to see. Darn it! Thanks for posting the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that Helen won!! I was beginning to get annoyed by Tara winning everything and being so emotional. And I liked Mike, but Ron was starting to really bug me too!! I want to look like Helen!!!

    Here's to your husband and mine finding new jobs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment!